Sunday, August 14, 2011

Last One

So this is my last blog entry. I'm home - flew in to Logan around 8:30 Friday night - and Mom, Sarah, and Harrison were there to greet me. It took forever to get our bags from baggage claim, and as we were waiting, my friend Jon looked at me and said, "Can you believe just this morning we were drinking coffee at Cafe Demel in Vienna?" And now we were in Boston. I still can't wrap my mind around that, that life is continuing in Salzburg, in Vienna, at the same time that I am living life here. I know it comes from being young and a little naive, but part of me hopes that doesn't change. I'd like to think that I'll be in awe of life for a while.

What's next, then? I'm asking myself the same question. My voice teacher in Salzburg said she has a few names of good teachers in the Boston area, so that's my next step. We just moved Rusty and Sarah into school, and that was probably the weirdest thing I've done in a while. For the first time I realized I am never going back to college, and I don't know how I feel about that yet. I know it'll be okay, it's just a matter of adjusting. But I do know that this trip has shown me that I know even less than I thought I did, and that is definitely okay with me. I never want to be bored.


At the Schloss.


Along the river in Salzburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment