Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vienna!

After four weeks in Salzburg, after finally feeling comfortable to walk around the city and not get entirely lost, after falling in love with Mozart Kugels and the view of the Fortress out our window, we have left Salzburg and landed in Vienna. When I arrived in Salzburg, I remember thinking, what's all this talk about culture shock? Yeah, they stare a lot and ring their silly bike bells at us, but otherwise it seems like home. (Oh, minus the part where you pay to use the public restrooms...). But when I got to Vienna, culture shock became much more obvious. This place is huge. There are people everywhere all the time, of all different ethnicities. We are staying in the 10th district, and the streets are lined with neon lights. It's nice, but it's very different from Salzburg and from home.

Did I mention I had my last voice lesson already? It's over. I'm coming home soon, and I still feel like I have so much to cram in! Everyone here is studying for their finals, so I guess I'm gonna head to a pub and write away my evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment